Good Morning! I hope the Peace of God influences your day today!
I am reposting this passage from 2 Timothy in it’s entirety so you see it all. I won’t write on every detail because it would take several posts to do that.
2 Timothy 3:1-9
1. But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come:
2. For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
3. unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good,
4. traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God,
5. having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away!
6. For of this sort are those who creep into households and make captives of gullible women loaded down with sins, led away by various lusts,
7. always learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.
8. Now as Jannes and Jambres resisted Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, disapproved concerning the faith;
9. but they will progress no further, for their folly will be manifest to all, as theirs also was.
There are two distinct camps on this subject when it comes to Christianity. One thinks we need to blow the world up with the message placed here. The other thinks we should just love people. I am in the middle. I believe that true love comes with honesty and reporting the message that Jesus warned us about how people will be in the last days. But, it must be done with a love “reason” behind it.
Some of you might be pointing to the fact that my posts on Facebook are not always “lovable.” You’re right. I am working on that. I honestly feel, however, that Facebook can be a tool to make your thoughts known. And yes, it is most often used for other “stuff.”
My message here, however, is that the world is fading quickly. The things we never thought possible just a short time ago are being fully realized before our eyes. Many things that scripture talks about are happening. This passage that Paul wrote to his young protege pastor are among some of the greatest examples. Because, our world is truly becoming backwards and upside down when it comes to morals and understanding the truth. Remember Jesus said, “You shall know the truth and the truth will set you free?” (John 8:32) Well, the problem we are experiencing in the world today is not that the truth isn’t out there, it’s that people are dodging it. With great effort, the world doesn’t want to know the truth. Truth forces a person to look at right and wrong. But when you are living in the wrong and like it, truth is the last thing you want to hear or see.
Now, it doesn’t mean we just decide to give up. In fact, we should double and triple our efforts. Many are disenchanted with the church because of tainted efforts in the past. Unfortunately, that will not work for them when they stand before Christ. So, we need to be telling the truth with God’s anointing behind it more than ever.
God is a good God and wishes that no one go to hell (2 Peter 3:9) But, it’s not His choice, it’s ours. That choice came with free will and God, by His very nature, cannot change it. You might point out that God can do anything. No, He cannot do anything that is contrary to His nature and the standards He puts into place. One is man’s free will. Theology is not the point here, so I am not going to elaborate there.
Here’s the bottom line: We are short on time! And while I am a little harsh on the political front, I do pray for these people. Not as much as I should, but I do. Join me. Prayer is a very powerful weapon against evil. Pray, pray, pray. For America and the World!